I’ve spent most of the day preparing for Kevin’s family’s visit tomorrow. I got the grocery shopping done this afternoon and have the menu all planned out. I’ve got the laundry done and sheets ready to be put on the beds. The one thing I’m still working on (in between posting here and jamming to DC Talk and Watermark) is the cleaning. I have conquered the hardest part…the bathroom….so the rest is cake. I have a feeling that I’ll most likely be vacuuming up until I have to leave to pick them up at the airport tomorrow. I just always ends up procrastinating with cleaning! 🙂
While listening to the song “Glory Baby” on my Watermark CD (courtesy of a sweet woman who passed it along through a friend of mine once she heard about Andrew’s death), I was reminded of so many things I have to be thankful for (By the way, the entire CD is awesome, not just that one song), so I’m going to take some time here to list them.
Things I’m thankful for:
– Jesus. I know it sounds cheesy and cliche, but in all honesty, I wouldn’t be where I am without him. I can experience an incredible relationship with God and an eternity in heaven b/c of his selfless sacrifice. His love for me is far deeper than I had ever imagined, and I’m still limited in my earthly understanding of it, which blows my mind.
– Kevin. We’ve gone through so much together in just 6 years. He’s a good match for me – he makes me laugh when I need to and doesn’t let me take life too seriously. He loves the Lord and has a childlike faith, which is a huge encouragement when I tend to complicate things.
– Andrew. I’m amazed at how much my little boy has changed me in such a short amount of time. He’s made me a better person and given me more of an eternal perspective. I want all of you reading this to know him in heaven one day. He’s a special little guy.
– My Family. I couldn’t have a better family if I chose them myself. I also married into the greatest family on the planet. They are all there when we need them but also give us the space we need to learn and grow. We laugh a lot together and I can depend on them for just about anything.
– My Small Group. They have walked beside us through this journey and don’t think I’m weird when I cry at random times. 🙂
– My Church. They are our spiritual family and they have blessed us tremendously. We are challenged by them but also supported. It’s a beautiful thing.
– My Friends. Old or new, they’ve all been there in one way or another along the way.
I could go on and on about material blessings and things like health, but when the rubber meets the road, these relationships are what life is all about. I’m so thankful for each and every one. All the glory goes to God because I haven’t done anything to deserve them!