I know that it wasn’t too long ago that I posted your 8 month pictures, but I’m trying to do better about getting them done on time!
Here is what you are up to these days!
* You are still getting 4 bottles a day and drink about 7 ozs. each time. You still use your Medela Special Needs feeder. Out of total curiosity, I actually tried to see if you would nurse or use a normal nipple with your bottle. You had no clue what to do with the nipple and got very frustrated! As for nursing, let’s just say that we’re probably a little too late in the game. You basically ate me alive and would have probably drawn blood if I hadn’t stopped you in time! I’ve decided to focus on transitioning you to a sippy cup rather than to a different nipple or attempting to nurse!
* You are drinking basically all formula now, which means no more pumping for Mommy! We have a little frozen milk we plan to use up, but the rest is formula. My supply was starting to dwindle and I was not interested in adding in extra pumping in order to increase supply. This summer has also been busy and finding time to pump was just getting harder and harder. I have to be honest and say that I do not miss pumping AT.ALL! When we started down the exclusive pumping route, I told myself that we’d take it three months at time and re-evaluate at each point. Nine months felt right!
* You are still doing great with your solids. Eating is so much more effortless since your cleft palate was repaired! You just gobble up your food and you don’t spend so much time working to keep your nose clear of food. If you sneeze now during mealtime, it’s not to get food out of your nose!
* You are doing really well with your pincer reflex. You love to eat your puffs and I’ve been trying to give you as much soft table food as I can. You still have plenty of purees, but I’m trying to at least offer you more of what we eat if it’s soft enough.
* You are still sleeping well at night – about 11-12 hours! Your last bottle is at 7:00pm and then you are in bed until the morning. You will play quietly for quite a while. I love it when you wake up happy!
* You are taking 2 naps each day. Lately, you’ve been sleeping about 1.5 hours in the morning (usually starting at 9:30am) and then anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hours in the afternoon (usually starting at 1pm).
* You are wearing size 4 diaper. You are probably over 20 lbs. by now, but I don’t know for sure. You see the doctor tomorrow for your surgery follow up, so maybe they will weigh you then.
* You are wearing a couple of outfits in 6-9 months, but everything else is 9-12 months. I’ve bought you some new things for this fall and next summer at some of the semi-annual sales around town!
* You are crawling like it’s nobody’s business! You have really taken off and are all over the place! I am much more aware of the things on my floor now and keeping doors and baby gates closed! I don’t want any accidents near stairs! It’s so much fun to see you spot something across the room and now be able to go after it! I can already see you trying to pull up on the kitchen chairs. On to the next thing, I guess!
* You aren’t drooling quite as much as you were a couple of weeks ago, so maybe we are having a brief break from teething! I’m hoping some top teeth will pop through soon! You chew on everything in sight!
* You love to play with Savannah’s toys and she is having quite a time adjusting to sharing with you. She loves to play with your toys, but doesn’t always want for you to play with hers! Funny how that works! You love your sister so much and are so interested in everything she is doing. You laugh at all her shenanigans too!
* You seem like you are getting more and more vocal these days! You can get loud sometimes when you want something, but it’s so cute! I haven’t noticed any new words though, but certainly lots of sounds!
* You went swimming for the first time today! You spent quite a long time playing in the baby pool with Savannah and seemed to really enjoy it! You also love bath time. We’ve been putting you in the bath tub with Savannah now, which has been fun.
* You are so good at going with the flow around here. We’ve had a busy summer so far, but you’ve done so well keeping up. I am also so amazed at how well you bounced back from your surgery. You are a strong little man!
Brady Wayne, what a fun few weeks you have had. You saw fireworks for the first time and enjoyed a visit from the Baltimore cousins too! You sleep well, but are also pretty adaptable and can do okay if you miss a nap here or there. I love your sweet smile and your generally happy but curious disposition! We love you more than you will ever know, Brady!