I can’t believe you are getting so close to being a 1 year old. I was thinking today that I better start thinking about a little birthday celebration for you! September will be here before we know it and it’s looking to be a busy month.
Here is what you are up to these days!
* You are still getting 4 bottles a day and drink about 6-7 ozs. each time. You still use your Medela Special Needs feeder. You are drinking 100% formula now and have been doing great with it. It was no problem weaning myself from pumping and I really think the timing worked out exactly the way is was supposed to work out. It’s been great to not have to drag my pump around everywhere while traveling!
* You are becoming quite the little eater. You are no longer eating baby food, but mostly soft table foods that you can pick up on your own. I still feed you yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, but the rest is up to you. You are doing great with it and you can make it disappear off your tray before I can even get it all cut up for you!
* You like Cheerios, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, green beans, sweet peas, carrotts, cheese, and sometimes soft breads. We’re adding in more and more as it’s in season. I have started giving you a Sippy cup at mealtime or snack time, but you don’t do much other than bite on it. I have a feeling it might be quite a learning process for you, especially since you have not had much practice with hard sucking. I am not worried, but am assuming you will have some challenges with it.
* You are still sleeping well at night – about 11-12 hours! Your last bottle is at 7:00pm and then you are in bed until the morning. You will play quietly for quite a while. I love it when you wake up happy!
* You are taking 2 naps each day. Lately, you’ve been sleeping about 1.5 hours in the morning (usually starting at 9:30am) and then anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hours in the afternoon (usually starting at 1pm).
* You are wearing size 4 diaper. You weighed 20 lbs. 9 ozs. (25-50%) last week at your check up and measured 9 in. tall (50-75%).
* You are wearing 9-12 months clothing. I’m looking forward to hitting up some consignment sales in early September to get you outfitted for the fall and winter.
* You are crawling like it’s nobody’s business. You are downright fast and will B-line it wherever you want to go, just as fast as you can go. We are much more aware of doors being opened and baby gates being fastened now!
* You also starting standing up last week while we were on vacation. You are already getting more confident with it. You crawl across the room as fast as you can and the next thing you know, you’ve already stood up and are after something.
* Your two top teeth cut through! They are still working their way down, but they are so cute. It’s made for a little less drool lately, but I’m sure it won’t be long until you are working on another one.
* You still love playing with your sister and all her toys. You love being wherever she is, but you are getting more vocal when she takes your toys. She is in for it one of these days.
* You enjoyed our beach vacation, but probably enjoyed the pool a little more than all that sand. It was fun to swim with you and you seem to really enjoy the water!
* You continue to be a really chill little man, which I love. Sometimes it’s hard for me to pinpoint your likes and dislikes because you like most everything!