I can hardly believe I am the mother of a preschooler. Looking at Brady and Davis really brings to light how quickly our little gal is growing up. I feel so fortunate to have a front row seat to it all! Thank you Jesus for making me mom to this precious girl.
* You are a good eater overall, but have your stubborn moments. Most of the time, you’ll eat at least a little bit of everything on your plate. You are becoming a bit of a “doddler” at the dinner table, though. Sometimes, you and Brady get silly at the table and it can cause mealtime to drag out longer than we’d like. It’s somewhat cute though too. 🙂
* Your bedtime is between 7:30-8pm and you usually don’t fight us on it. Daddy usually does the bedtime ritual of stories and prayers. We moved you to a twin bed back in the fall and you love it. We had bed rails for the first couple of months, but we removed them recently and you do fine most nights. Sometimes, you’ll fall out of bed, but you are usually so sleepy that you get right back in bed without even shedding a tear. Poor thing – you are a heavy sleeper, like your mama!
* You have “rest time” each day between 1:30-3pm or so. We let you lay in bed with some small toys and books, but many afternoons, you will fall asleep. If you do sleep, I have to wake you or else it causes problems with bedtime. We’re in that stage where you need some rest, but not every day or else it affects night time sleep.
* You are doing really well with using the potty. You rarely have accidents at night. If we had a late dinner, sometimes we will wake you one last time before we go to bed, but many times you will wake up on your own. During the daytime, you have a tendency to wait too long and I sometimes have to remind you to go, but I think that comes with your age. You are so busy that you don’t want to stop what you are doing!
* You are wearing mostly 5T clothing and a size 11.5 shoe. This fall, I bought you a lot of 4T clothing, but quickly realized that they were not going to make it all the way through and had to pick up larger sizes. You are tall for your age, so I should have known better!
* You are really into coloring, cutting, gluing, taping, stapling, etc. You love drawing little pictures and making little “books” for people. I have to limit your paper and tape use, or we would go through it very quickly!! Your coloring has really improved and you are staying in the lines really well. I love seeing what you create and you have also brought home some precious art projects from preschool.
* You enjoy being outside, although we haven’t been out much in the cold weather. You love being outside when Daddy is in the backyard and you love it when we have lunch out on the patio in the warm weather. You love playgrounds and have enjoyed spending time on your bike at the local elementary school.
* You love books and enjoy “reading” to me. You love when I read a book to you, but then you will spend time retelling the story to me or making up a story of your own based on the pictures you see on the pages.
* You love TV and we have to keep it to a minimum or you would sit in front of it all day. There are some great educational shows on PBS and I can tell you are actually learning from many of them – Super Why, Curious George, and Angelina Ballerina are some of your favorites. You enjoy movies too. Frozen is one of your favorites, but you also like Planes, Mary Poppins, and anything else Disney.
* You love pretend play and still enjoy your kitchen, figurines, and Brady’s trains. You love dress ups too!
* You are a bit of a “girly girl” and love chap stick, nail polish, and necklaces. You have already told me you want to get your ears pierced and are always complimenting my jewelry.
* You are a huge talker at home. You have a great memory and ask me about things that happened months ago. You are curious about everything. We’ve had some interesting spiritual conversations too.
* You love to sing and dance. You sing a lot of the songs you learn from church and school, and have almost every word of Let it Go memorized. I love hearing your sweet little voice. I’m planning to sign you up for ballet as soon as I can research some programs in the area.
* You love preschool and seem to be learning a ton! You seemed disappointed this fall when you realized you would have a new teacher and be in a new class, but you LOVE your new teacher, class, and new friends. This year, along with art, you go to chapel once a week and have library time where you can check out a book. We are so pleased with your preschool and the experience you have had so far!
* You are a great big sister. You and Brady have your moments (multiple times a day) when you fight, but you also love each other to death. You are so sweet with Davis and are constantly helping grab diapers for me or covering him up with blankets. I hope you will be close in the years to come.
Savannah’s fourth year is off to a great start. She’s growing into a little girl before my very eyes and I can hardly believe it. I love being a girl mom! 🙂
To see Savannah’s other yearly updates, click on the links below…