* You are nursing 5 times a day, with your last feeding at 7pm or so. You nurse every 3-4 hours most of the time. We started you on solids a couple of weeks ago and you are doing well so far. You are eating rice cereal, oatmeal, squash, sweet potatoes, and just recently carrots. I’ll start on the green veggies in another day or so. So far, you haven’t shown any signs of allergies.
* You are sleeping well, although you recently started waking up an hour earlier than usual. You seemed like you were starving and went back down right after I nursed you, so maybe it was a growth spurt. I think that solids has also helped because you are back to a more normal sleep schedule now. You go down around 7:30pm and wake up around 7am.
* You are napping well. You are taking 3 naps and are typically up around 1.5 hours before you go back down. You are usually up a little less right before your first nap of the day. You still miss naps here and there based on our activities, but you seem to recover well on the days we stay home.
* You are wearing size 3 diapers, although they seem to be getting more snug so we may need to switch you soon. I hate how the larger the diapers means less in a pack. 🙁
* You are still wearing 6-9 months clothes, although the bodysuits are often too short on you. I’ve pulled out the summer clothes and there are quite a lot of 9-12 months clothes waiting for you. I had you in a onesie for your pictures and it was so much fun to see your chubby legs and arms. One of my favorite parts of dressing a baby in the summer!
* You are becoming more and more active! You love spending time on your tummy and end up there quickly even if I put you on your back for just a second. You are kicking all around and building those muscles. You are still working on sitting up – you can sit for a few seconds but are often so busy moving that you fall over on your side relatively quickly. Using the Boppy helps, but I still can’t leave you sitting up unattended. You still love your Exersaucer too.
* You are such a little flirt with me and I love every second of it. I can be talking with the other kids and I glance over at you and you smile so big. You love to giggle when we tickle you and are such a sweet little guy. You love being where the action is and are mesmerized by your siblings. I think you are dreaming of the day when you can join in on the fun. Just recently, Brady has really taken an interest in you. He loves to get near you and talk to you or pat you. Savannah continues to love being a helper and is such a little mama.
* You are a really happy baby unless you are tired or hungry. So far, you have been so flexible and just go with the flow of our busy family. It’s a huge blessing!
* You are still drooling and I am confident we will be seeing some bottom teeth emerge soon. You still suck your thumb when you are tired or hungry. I need to get it on camera because you hold it at a weird angle, but it’s so cute.
* You “talk” some but it’s mostly when it’s quiet. I love hearing it!
* You are back in our room for the time being. You were doing fine in the same room as Savannah, but I moved you back in with us since you started waking early. I didn’t want to disrupt her sleep until we figured out what was going on with you. Savannah wants her roommate back and since you seem to be back to your normal wake up time, we’ll probably move you back in with her very soon. I’m deciding on some bedding for your little corner of the room and we actually moved Brady’s crib into the room since he’s now in a twin bed.
* You are doing great health wise, although there are a couple small things going on. I think one of your tear ducts is clogged. Your left eye tends to get a little “goopy” and I’ve been trying to massage it throughout the day. I’m hoping it will resolve itself soon. You also have a minor procedure scheduled next week to make some repairs to your circumcision. I’m a little nervous since it involves anesthesia, but I’m mostly ready for it to be over. You are fine, but it could cause issues down the road if left alone.
Davis, You continue to be such a joy to have in our home. You are growing so fast that I can hardly believe you are halfway to your first birthday. It will be here before we know it! I love how you are so interested in your siblings and I’m also so thankful they adore you. I can’t wait to see how those relationships develop over the months and years ahead. We love you to much, Davis John, and pray that God will use you in mighty ways!