* You are still nursing 4 times a day, with your first feeding around 7:30am and your final feeding at 7pm. You are nursing fine, but I try to go in another room because you are so distracted.
* You are eating soft table foods now. You love everything we’ve given you – oatmeal, Cheerios, cereal bars, green beans, peas, soft carrots, corn, steamed broccoli, bread, applesauce, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, clementines, grapes, peaches, pears and some small pieces of chicken and ground beef – so far. You also love grilled cheese, cheese quesadilla, and you even had your first McDonald’s cheeseburger – gasp!!
* You are sleeping great at night, usually from 7-7:15pm to 7:30am. I’m so thankful!
* You are napping well these days – usually a morning nap around 9:30am and then an afternoon nap around 1 or 1:30pm.
* You are still wearing size 4 diapers.
* You are still wearing some 9-12 months clothes, but they are a little snug. I’ve been switching out your clothes for fall and you can also wear 12-18 months clothes just fine.
* You are crawling all over the place. You don’t like to be contained much, which means we have to watch you very carefully. You can move pretty quickly, so turning around for a second can be all it takes.
* You are standing up well now, but still no steps yet. It’s sort of funny the way you stand, with your legs pretty far apart. You balance pretty well, but love to go up and down repeatedly. I haven’t seen any cruising yet either. You are definitely mobile, but don’t seem to be in a really big hurry to walk.
* You are into most everything – trash cans, toys, cabinets, drawers. I’m thankful for childproof locks!
* You continue to be a laid back and content baby. You do get noisy when you are ready to get down from you highchair or when your siblings are making noises. You just like to make sure we haven’t forgotten you!
* You play well alone, but you love to be in the same room with me or your siblings. I love hearing you laugh at them and I love seeing their interest in you.
* You love it when I read to you. You do get squirmy fairly quickly, but still chuckle at the cute pictures.
* You are still holding out for more teeth. I can see the outlines of your top teeth, so I know they are only a matter of time.
* You still suck your thumb, although only when you are really tired or hungry.
* You are talking more and more these days. I could have sworn I heard a “mama” in there too. It’s babbling mostly. We are using some sign language with mealtime, and you think it’s the funniest thing.
* You are doing so well being in your own room. You spend most of your wake time with your brother and sister in their room, but I think your own space has been such a help in keeping you well rested. That way you can nap when you need to and you don’t disturb their play.
* * * * * *
It’s hard to believe that this is almost my last monthly post. Where has this year gone? I see my baby changing so quickly before my very eyes. While I’m a little sad to see these baby years go by so fast, I’m excited for what lies ahead. You continue to be a joy to our family and we are all 100% in love. You are a true gift from God, Davis John!