As I posted here back in November, we took a leap of faith and put our home on the market, in the hopes that God might provide us with a little more square footage for less money. Kevin and I heard far too many times about how this is a buyer’s market to not at least see what could happen.
After a slow start (right before Thanksgiving) with showings, we had an open house last Sunday and ended up with an offer in our hands on Monday night! We were starting to wonder if God just wanted us to stay put after all, which would have been alright with us. We accepted the offer on Monday night and our home is now under contract.
We are excited, but still very much praying that God would slam all the doors shut if we are stepping out of His will for us. Our home was inspected on Friday and we are waiting to hear if they are expecting us to remedy any issues they may have found. We had it inspected it prior to listing it, so we are not anticipating anything major, but anything can happen!
So, with all that said, this week was CRAZY! The first couple of days after we accepted the offer, I was an emotional wreck! Most people are ecstatic to have a good offer on their home, but I was very scared and overwhelmed at the thought of moving out of our home in February, not knowing where we would ultimately end up. Again, we know God has a good plan for us, but it was still emotional for a couple of days!
Needless to say, after
we I got past the emotions of it all, we focused on looking for homes (we had backed off a bit since we knew we couldn’t do much until our home was under contract). We hadn’t seen a whole lot come up since we had listed our home in November, so we weren’t sure if there would even be anything else that was affordable for us in our desired area! The home which prompted all this was still on the market, but we didn’t want to get tunnel vision since our first offer on that home hadn’t been accepted.
We took some time this week to look at other homes and the Lord has really been leading me to pray for unity. I felt like God was telling me to take a step back and let Him unite our hearts when it was time to make an offer on a home. We weren’t sure if that would be this weekend, or months from now.
As it turned out, yesterday we visited the original home that got this ball rolling. This was our fifth visit to the home and it had been about 2 months since we had seen it. We’d had time to forget about some things and see other homes, but wanted to refresh our memories and make a decision about if we would try again at this house or just walk away from it altogether and move on.
We saw the home yesterday morning and by 2pm or so, we decided to make another offer. Kevin and I prayerfully came up with a plan, deciding what our maximum offer would be before we would walk away from it completely. We felt good about our plan and made the offer last night.
We haven’t heard back regarding our offer, but I feel an incredible sense of peace now. I feel like God has answered our prayer for unity, and we are still praying that they would not take our highest offer if He doesn’t want us to have this home. While we feel like God has led us this way, we still want to give Him room to work if this is not His desire for us.
So, we are playing the “waiting game” right now. We’re not sure how it will all pan out, but totally confident in God’s plan in all this.
And for the record, we think our version of “House Hunters” is far more entertaining and more realistic than what you see on TV! It could even be called “House Hunters….On a Dime!” We think it has a nice ring to it!