If I’m honest, I must confess that my age is catching up to me! I’m not as young as I used to be! This past weekend, Kevin and I spent the weekend with some awesome students and leaders from our church. And though the youth retreat may have ended on Sunday afternoon, I am still recovering! Ha!
We’ve been helping out with the student ministry for a few years now, but it’s been a while since we’ve been able to spend an entire weekend with these guys so we were both pretty excited about it! My parents came down and spent the weekend with the kiddies, which was a huge blessing!
The theme for the retreat was “Jesus is Lord…So What?”
What an awesome topic for all ages! I think this is one of those topics that applies to everyone, as I believe all Christians are faced with this question on a daily basis. We know Jesus is Lord, but do we allow Him to be in all aspects of our life? The weekend was fantastic and I’m praying that God would continue to speak to the students on this topic even though the weekend is over.
On a lighter note, here are some of my favorite parts of the weekend!
1. Not cooking!
2. Worshipping the Lord through the music of some very talented musicians!
3. Seeing all the cute 50’s costumes (and busting out my own poodle skirt from my youth group days) on Saturday’s theme night!
4. Spending time with the ladies in my small group and hearing them share openly and honestly.
5. Meeting our new student pastor and his wife (I think it’s safe to say they passed the initiation weekend with flying colors)!
6. Not cooking (did I say that one already?)!
7. Feeling young and carefree again (even if only for a weekend)!
8. Getting to hear a message without any interruptions!
9. Enjoying some “girl time” by the fire and hearing some cute proposal stories!
10. And lastly, NOT COOKING!