Here is what you are up to right now.
* You are eating 4-5 times a day and continue to do really well with the bottle. You will usually eat 8 ozs. for the first 4 bottle and we offer you between 2-4 ozs. if you need a 5th bottle right before bed. You are getting close to being on a 4 hour schedule. I am still pumping, but my supply is still recovering from my stomach bug hiatus, so you are getting a mixture of pumped breast milk and formula (you have not been a fan of thawed frozen milk and I can’t blame you once I smelled it for myself).
* You have officially started solids! We are taking it very slow since we are starting sooner than the pediatrician advised. I am giving you rice cereal once a day and we will go from there. Eating has been a little messier due to your “special mouth.” You sometimes get food up your nose and have to sneeze it out – it’s pitiful and cute all at the same time, but you are getting better each day! 🙂
* You are sleeping about 11-12 hours at night which has been wonderful! Your last bottle is at 7:30 and then you are in bed until the morning. It has been so nice!
* You are doing well with your 3 naps. Your longest nap of the day is in the morning. You are awake for about 75 mins and then I put you right back down. You are awake for about an hour and a half before the other naps. Your third nap is essentially a catnap and can sometimes just be 45 mins or so depending on how well the earlier naps went.
* You are not using the sleepsack anymore and it hasn’t phased you one bit.
* You are now a tummy sleeper! I remember fighting it with Savannah, but I have given up with you because I know you will win in the end! I still put you down on your back, but you will turn on your belly within minutes or sometimes seconds.
* You are still wearing size 2 diapers, but only because we are trying to use them up! I put you in size 3’s for night because the 2’s just don’t hold everything as well anymore. You really need 3’s, but I’m not willing to waste any diapers!
* You were 15 lbs. 8 ozs. (25-50%) and 26.5 inches long (75-90%) at your 4 month well check a few weeks ago.
* You enjoy tummy time and kick those legs so fast sometimes that I wonder how you have so much energy! You are also starting to do the “Superman” move (as we call it) where you lift your legs and arms off the floor and then bring them down and start kicking away.
* You are still loving the Bumbo seat! You also love sitting up on our laps and lean forward as much as you can. You aren’t able to sit up by yourself, but you certainly are trying!
* You have started using the Exercauser. You enjoy it but you are only interested in it for about 15 mins or so. You still like your playmat, but we don’t get it out as much these days. You are just as happy on a blanket on the floor and that takes up much less room!
* You still drool a ton and suck/chew on your fingers quite a bit. I definitely think you are teething, but no teeth have emerged yet!
* You are such a smiley boy in the mornings and after naps. You love interacting with us and you are quite the flirt with Mommy! I could eat you up! You love watching your sister and smile and giggle at her quite a bit! She is really coming to love you and helps me with you as much as she can. She was trying to hold your hand while riding in the car the other day! She has also started calling you by your name rather than just “baby.”
* You are still “talking” which I love to hear! It really just depends on your mood or what’s going on around you. Sometimes you just sit quietly and other times you are talking our ears off!
It’s hard to believe that we are going on 6 months with you, Brady Wayne! Where has the time gone? I have loved every second with you, but sometimes wish that I had more time alone with just you. Sometimes you wake up early from your afternoon nap and I enjoy some time with you when your sister is still asleep! Thankfully, you seem to love affection because you get so many kisses from me! I just can’t help myself! We love you so much, Brady Boo!