As usual, I am late with your pictures and your latest happenings! Part of the reason is because you were sick with a bad cold and cough when you officially turned 3 months! We spent that entire week in our pajamas and retreated from the world so you could get better. I was a little worried that you were eating half of what you normally eat and were so congested, but I’m so thankful it didn’t get serious and that you are back to your happy, smiley self!
* You are no longer using the SwaddleMe. You outgrew the ones we had and we just so happened to try a sleepsack that someone recently gave us and you loved it! You’ve been sleeping so well that we haven’t even been offering you the pacifier anymore either. I’ve seen you with your fingers in your mouth some lately, so perhaps you will find your thumb one of these days.
* You are wearing size 2 diapers! You are growing so fast!
* You weighed 12 lbs. 12 ozs. (50%) and measured 25 inches (95%) long at your 2 month checkup over a month ago, but I know you weigh more than that now. You were over 13 lbs. a couple of weeks ago, but I haven’t weighed you recently.
* You are wearing a couple of your 0-3 months outfits one last time, but I have transitioned you into 3-6 months for most things. It’s been fun to see some new outfits on you, but sad to pack up your newborn and 3 months clothes! What can I say, I’m emotional about change!
* You are doing well with tummy time, but it doesn’t end up lasting too long because you turn onto your back very soon after we put you down. We’ll keep it up though!
* You enjoy kicking around on the floor on your playmat, but you also enjoy being held in our laps too! You like to mix it up though and can get restless with too much of either!
* You are smiling quite a bit these days, especially when Mommy plays with you and tickles your chin or your belly! I love those gummy smiles so much!
What a sweet little guy you are! I felt so helpless that week when you were sick and it made my heart break to hear you coughing and congested! I am so glad you are better and back to your normal self! I’ve also found myself staring at you and being reminded of your big brother in heaven. I long to see the two of you together one day, but I am also very grateful that God gave me another little boy to love on right now. You will never replace your brother, but I just feel incredibly blessed to have you, my sweet Brady Wayne. I pray over you every night and ask God to mold you into a servant leader. I can’t wait to see how He uses you! We love you so much!