This little guy has gone from toddler to preschooler right before my very eyes. I can hardly believe it!
Here is what you are up to these days, little man.
* You are a fair eater, but have definitely improved over the past year. You like to know what is in the foods you eat and can be skeptical with something new. Overall, you aren’t too bad and you find at least something on your plate to eat at every meal.
* You are sleeping very well, usually about 12-13 hours at night. Bedtime is between 6:30 and 7pm and you are usually up by 7:30am. You share the room with Davis and you do great together.
* You are no longer napping during the day (it seems like you dropped that a while ago, but I can’t remember when), which is why I put you down a little earlier. Maybe once a week, you will fall asleep during “rest time,” but very rarely.
* You are wetting your bed less and less. Sometimes you’ll go an entire week without doing it and then other weeks you’ll wet the bed two nights in a row. If we know you are really tired or if you had liquids later in the evening, we wake you up to use the bathroom before we go to bed. You are getting better at waking yourself up when you have to go, so that’s encouraging! Overall, I can’t complain too much about bed wetting.
* You are wearing size 4T clothes and size 12 shoes.
* You are 42.5 inches tall and weigh 39 pounds. The pediatrician says you are growing well! One of your ear tubes fell out a couple of months ago, but you still have one in your other ear. We haven’t had any complications from them, so we’re just going to keep watching it at this point.
* You love to brush your teeth and always come to ask me if your teeth are clean. You love getting my reassurance. You’ve been to the dentist twice so far and have done great each time!
* Your speech is coming along very well. You’ve become quite the talker, constantly asking me questions about things you observe. If you feel like I’m not listening to you or understanding your question, sometimes you get frustrated. I’m glad you speak up when you want to be heard, especially since you are a middle child with a talkative older sister. 🙂
* You are an active little boy and love to play! You enjoy playground equipment, but you can also be content to sit and play in the sandbox. You like it all!
* You like playing with your siblings, but can entertain yourself at times too. You like playing with blocks, dinosaurs, figurines, and any other toys you can find. You like to color and use markers too!
* You are quite a little perfectionist! I chuckle when I see you putting toys away in their exact spot or when you line things up perfectly. Sometimes you take a longer with coloring or crafts because you take your time to do things just right. You are like me in that regard. Sometimes you let your perfectionism get you frustrated, so we’re working on that. Your sister is the furthest thing from a perfectionist, so I love seeing the differences between you.
* You are such a silly little guy! You love it when we have dance parties and will run around dancing and singing. I love hearing you sing the words to songs and it reminds me that you are soaking up every thing you hear!
* You love your siblings so much. You hug your sister when she gets off the school bus and you hug your brother when you hop in the car from your morning at preschool. I love seeing your relationship with them grow and I hope it continues. At the same time, you and your siblings can drive me crazy with your fighting. I try to let you work out most issues yourselves, but it’s a process.
* You are very independent and are doing a great job learning to be a helper around the house. You dress yourself, you help make the bed (you can do it yourself, but sometimes it’s hard for you), you clean up your dishes from the table, and all sorts of other small tasks. You do get distracted at times, but are a great example to all of us of being a helper!
* You are doing great in preschool. You didn’t miss a beat when you moved to the 3-year-old class (you turned 4 a couple of weeks in). I love hearing about your day and all the fun things you are doing.
* * * * * *
I decided start a yearly interview with our kids once they turn 3, so I can document how their answers change as they grow. I asked Brady this list of questions and here were his answers!
What is your name?
Brady Wayne Eddins
How old are you?
(holds up four fingers)
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite TV show?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite song?
What is your favorite color?
Who are some of your friends?
Lily and David
What is your favorite thing to do at school?
What is your favorite thing to do at church?
watch a movie
What is your favorite toy?
What is your favorite book?
Cat in the Hat
What is your favorite dinosaur?
* * * * * *
Brady’s fourth year seems to be off to a great start so far. I love being a boy mom!
To see Brady’s other yearly updates, click on the links below.